Friday, June 29, 2012

Half Apron

I just had to show you what I made today!!
I decided last week that I wanted to make an apron instead of buying one from the shops. I was going to make it up and maybe look online for a bit of guidence. But I came across this and couldn't resist giving it a go! For a beginner sewer I found it extremely easy to follow and am very happy with my brand new apron. Even if I didn't quite understand what the tutorial was saying there were so many pictures which showed every single step of the way which I was very grateful for!
I bought the black and bright blue fabric last week for the apron, but only used a really small amount of it. The ruffled fabric is left over from the cushion covers I made last week. I made the adult size but have a few friends with little girls that I might make one for for birthday presents. Next time I think I'll  make the sash a bit longer because i can't tie it into a bow but just a small knot. 
I also added a few buttons to mine for decoration!
Sorry for bad quality photos – I took them with my iPhone
I know – I only have 1 ugg boot on! The pedal was a bit hard to use with both


No comments:

Post a Comment