Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cushion Covers

This morning I decided I wanted to make some pillow covers for the cushions on our lounges. Jeffrey and I went to Spotlight and we chose some different fabrics and then I had to get some sewing basics because I've never really sewn before. I got a starters kit which had pins and needles and a pin-cushion/tomato, scissors, a tape measure and a roll-cutter. I also bought a cutting mat and a better roller cutter and a big bag of buttons.

We went home and I watched a YouTube video on how to make cushion covers and then I got measuring and cutting. Once I had it all ready to go we drove out to Jeffrey's parent's house so I could use his Mum's sewing machine. She sat with me and helped because I was a bit nervous about using the machine as I hadn't used one since year 8 sewing! By the 3rd and 4th cushions I was doing it all on my own and am really happy with the results. 


The blues and greys in the fabrics match the blue leather lounges really well. I'm thinking about adding some buttons to them but will see in a few days how I feel about it! 

The End Result
(I should have taken a photo of them before I started to compare)

No comments:

Post a Comment